Tuesday, April 6, 2010

spontaneous psychoticness




Tonight in choir practice, we were singing a hugely emotional song called "Calling My Children Home." Every time I sing it, I get very emotional and feel very protective... of children I don't even have. My choir director, not knowing this, was imploring the group to think about the words of the song and to try to fathom what it means to be willing to give up your life for your child. In one final effort to convey his point, he said seriously:


"This is LIFE we're singing about!" and at these words......



DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Da DAAAAAAAAAAAAA da da da da dAAAAAAAAAAA (da da! da da! da da! da da! da da da)


Now, I don't know if you quite understand how unfortunate it was to be in head at this moment in time. See, at this moment, the intro to "Dancing Queen" popped into my head, along with an image of a pink and orange animated flower erupting from the marble floor. It was sort of like the Lion King’s “I can’t wait to be King” scene in spirit and excitement level! (“ahh, now I understand,” you say. Exactly.)


Unfortunately, my choir director had no idea what was currently going on in my brain… so he had no clue as to why I would be smiling so dreamily when he had so recently implored us to think about dying…

If only he knew what was really going on in my mind!


I am so thankful I did not have to explain my unusual behavior because while it is easy enough to describe, it is not an easy task to examine why the first image that pops into my head at the mention of "life" is a colorful, swaying animated flower, growing rapidly to the tune of Dancing Queen!




No comments:

Post a Comment