Wednesday, January 27, 2010

a world within a world


When I was little I always used to draw little mushroom houses for fairies. I wanted so badly to live in a mushroom and be a little fairy and sit on moss cushions... I was a peculiar child. Actually, I think I wanted to be an elf rather than a fairy, which strikes me as odd because fairies can fly (aka my DREAM). I think my rationale was that elf culture was more respectable than the superficial fairy culture.

Or so my 6 year old mind concluded.

Also, the fact that I thought elves were good at archery, constantly clad in green and brown and slightly mysterious also aided in this distinction. Apparently being allowed to wear green and brown all the time was more important than being able to zoom through the forest.


No comments:

Post a Comment